How to Buy
Problem: The quality of today's electrical power has become a major operating concern, especially for newer, high-tech equipment.
Filters, surge suppressors and isolation transformers can solve many electrical problems. However, each sacrifices benefits if applied as a stand-alone solution.
Solution: When surge suppressors and isolation transformers are combined with a voltage regulator, such as one of our series of power line conditioners, the results provide an ideal solution to these power quality problems.
Our voltage regulators maintain a constant output voltage within ±1% or better, regardless of input voltage variations from +10% to-20% of the nominal input value in standard models.
They are also designed and rated to meet standard industry kVA ratings for maximum application compatibility with both new and existing installations.
Their performance is guaranteed under all power factor conditions. It doesn't matter if the connected load is capacitive, resistive or inductive.
Staco Energy Products Co.'s voltage regulators are designed with maximum safety, ease of installation and efficiency in mind. Each model features a modular design, front accessibility and an enclosed, indoor, ventilated, drip-proof enclosure.
Emergency Lighting UPS
What is an Emergency Lighting UPS?
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has written Life Safety Code (NFPA 101) that defines the requirements for emergency lighting for means of egress. The standard requires that emergency illumination shall be provided for not less than 90 minutes in the event of a failure of normal lighting. Installation and testing requirements are written in the National Electric Code (NFPA 70).
FirstLinePL 924 Meets Safety Code Standards
The FirstLinePL 924 is a central system battery back-up systems that meets these requirements.
Central System Advantages:
- Single point of operation for simplified testing and recordkeeping
- Simplified service and reduced cost of ownership
- Common battery pack for easy maintenance
Lighting Types Supported:
- Magnetic and electronic fluorescent ballasts
- High power factor compact fluorescent
- High Intensity Discharge (HID)
- High Pressure Sodium (HPS)
- Metal Halide (MH)
Our power protection options for facilities include:
- Facility wide UPS systems
- Emergency lighting UPS systems
- Power factor and harmonic correction equipment
- Voltage regulation equipment
- Power conditioning equipment
Staco Energy Products Co. is a major provider of facility power protection equipment.
You can get:
- Power factor correction equipment that lowers your utility bills and increases your electrical capacity
- UPS systems to protect your facilities major operating systems, and provide the emergency lighting that is required by law for US public/commercial buildings
- Regulators to keep your non-critical equipment like elevator banks running smoothly, with fewer repairs.
We also have partnerships and alliances with expert consulting and analysis companies that provide the in-depth understanding you need to get the most efficient, effective use and protection for your facility, and who can specify or recommend the most cost-effective and easy to implement solutions.
Harmonic Filtering & Cancellation
With other harmonic filtering solutions, expensive and time consuming site data collection, power quality surveys and computer generated studies are usually needed. Most harmonic filters are designed to accommodate just one or a few harmonic orders. The StacoSine Plus corrects a full range of harmonic orders, and will not create a resonance condition with existing equipment.
Staco Energy Products has taken traditional "passive" harmonic filtering equipment to a new level with StacoSine Plus, an active based harmonic filter technology.
StacoSine Plus injects compensating current into the load to restore the sine wave and dramatically reduce distortion to less than 5% THD. Its high speed process cancels high frequency output current, while it determines the precise value of injected load current.
StacoSine's power electronics platform has been designed to operate at levels that continuously adapt to rapid load fluctuations. With its efficient operation and small size, it is ideal for a wide variety of industrial and commercial environments, such as:
- Fluorescent Lamps
- Computers and Peripherals
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Welding Machines
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Frequency Converters
- DC Power Systems/Chargers
Active Harmonic Filter - StacoSINE Plus
- Immediately improves electrical system efficiency
- Reduces operations and maintenance costs
- Quick and easy installation, with virtually no downtime
- No need for complex site analysis
- Dynamically corrects a wide spectrum of harmonic orders
- UL 508 and cUL Listed
- Voltage ratings from 208 to 480vac (690vac with transformer)
- 25 to 200 amp ratings
- Cancels 3rd to 51st orders
- Global or selectable harmonic parameters
- Graphics display and analyzer
- Three and four wire (neutral) arrangements
- Individual or parallel systems for added capacity
- NEMA 1, 12, 3R enclosure ratings
- Open-Chassis for 20"D enclosures to 200 amp
- Integration with MCC's, electrical enclosures
- Ideal for VFD's, pumps, UPS, Generation
Reactive Power & Harmonic Compensation
- Lower Utility Bills
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Efficient Use of Utility Power
- Quick ROI and Continued Savings Throughout the Life of the Equipment
- Easy to Install
- Minimal Maintenance Requirements
- Voltage Ratings from 240 to 600 VAC
- Fixed or Automatically Switched Systems
- Harmonic Filtering for Optimum Power Quality
- Small Footprint with Maximum KVAR
- Standard Off-The-Shelf Units and Specification Designed
- Upgradeable Modular Construction
- Stand-Alone, Multi-Unit and Integrated Systems
- Sizes from 50 to 2,400 KVAR, with up to 800 KVAR in one enclosure
(85”H x 32”W x 25”D)
- UL508A and cUL Listed
Reactive Power Compensation, or power factor correction, can lower your utility bills starting on the day the equipment is installed. Installation is fast and easy, minimizing downtime. After the equipment is installed, you should notice an immediate improvement in power factor, more efficient use of your power system's load, and of course, monthly savings in your electric utility bills.
Staco Energy Products Company's harmonic filters perform mitigation for a wide array of needs. This includes equipment to help reduce amplification of harmonics when capacitors are automatically switched, to suppress one or more specific harmonic orders, and to lessen a broad range of multiple harmonic orders.
Data Center Solutions
Staco Energy Products' single-phase and three-phase UPS products from 1 to 250kVA boast the lowest total cost of ownership for applications such as computer rooms, network closets, data centers, computer networks, critical power management requirements, and applications where a high level of available power are essential. In addition to product offerings to meet a wide range of electrical requirements, Staco also offers a wireless battery monitoring system that helps to control ongoing battery costs which are the single biggest cost of UPS after-point-of-sale operations.
Staco Energy offers a complete line of three phase on-line double conversion models boasting efficiencies of up to 98%, while delivering maximum availability and flexibility. FirstLine® P & PL units can be run in parallel – up to 8 (N+1) for the 480VAC 65-250 kVA model, and up to 4 (N+1) for the 10-40 kVA version. This provides redundancy for mission critical applications yet requires no additional hardware. All units are hot swappable, for maximum flexibility, availability and expandability. Dual Bus System and Dynamic Dual Bus system configurations provide an efficient and reliable power source. Battery run times are best in class.
The Staco family of single-phase online Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) now features an industry-leading 3-year warranty. Available in tower or rack designs, these true on-line, double conversion UPS models protect 1 to 10 kVA loads from outages and irregularities over a wide input voltage range. The Staco family – which comprises several brands for specific kVA usage points – is ideal for use in computer rooms, network closets and small data centers as well as to protect servers and telecommunications equipment.
The wireless Staco FirstLine® BMS Battery Monitoring System continuously monitors UPS batteries and provides real-time information, ensuring that batteries are ready when needed to support mission critical functions. The FirstLine ® BMS is compatible with all types of batteries, making it ideal for mains battery back-up and for cross-over transitioning to generator.